Training workshops in Body-Psychotherapy:
Two training workshops in BodyPsychotherapy are open to those who work with people to promote personal growth and healing, as well as to those who wish to deepen their own personal growth through a body-centered modality.
Workshop 1: 24-29 August presents an overview of the theory, and is the basis for further modules in the certification training program.
It presents the theory of Wilhelm Reich and Charles Kelley, and the basic concepts of the Radix approach: Pulsation, Segments, Armoring and Counter-pulsation, Contact, Grounding, Centering, Attachment, Boundaries and Containment.
• Basic concepts underpinning mind-body therapeutic work
• Application of these concepts to deepen one’s embodiment
• Fundamentals of Reichian theory and its development and application in Radix work
• Experiential and theoretically learning how interventions can affect functioning
• Overview of the therapeutic tools of breath, sound, physical contact and movement
• Methods of applying all of these modes in supervised practice sessions.
Workshop 2: 30 August - 5 September provides more depth in understanding and application of the basic concepts to oneself and to others.
It presents the perspective of seeing the body as the doorway to intervention, Reclaiming the Body, Acceptance and Personal Empowerment, and Grounding the Body and Restoring Contact
• Reading the Body
• Understanding the body’s pulsatory flow that underlies the processes of thinking, feeling and action.
• Facilitating the pulsation and working with interruptions in the pulsatory flow
• Facilitating a body based process model
• Working with the eyes as a key process in ensuring there is someone ‘present’ in the body
• Integrating interventions through the ocular segment.
• Contact and Contactlessness • Grounding • Movement
• Patterns of pulsation and energy levels