Two training workshops in BodyPsychotherapy in the UK are open to those who work with people to promote
personal growth and healing, as well as to those who wish to deepen their own personal growth through
a body-centred modality.
Workshop 1 (31August - 4 September)
presents an overview of the theory, and is the basis for further modules in the certification training program.
It presents the theory of Wilhelm Reich and Charles Kelley, and the basic concepts of the Radix approach: Pulsation, Segments, Armoring and Counter-pulsation, Contact, Grounding, Centering, Attachment, Boundaries and Containment.
• Basic concepts underpinning mind-body therapeutic work
• Application of these concepts to deepen one’s embodiment
• Fundamentals of Reichian theory and its development and application in Radix work
• Experiential and theoretically learning how interventions can affect functioning
• Overview of the therapeutic tools of breath, sound, physical contact and movement
• Methods of applying all of these modes in supervised practice sessions.
Tuition cost £1350 (non-residential)
Workshop provides more depth in understanding and application of the basic concepts to oneself and to others.
It presents the perspective of seeing the body as the doorway to intervention, Reclaiming the Body, Acceptance and Personal Empowerment, and Grounding the Body and Restoring Contact
• Reading the Body
• Understanding the body’s pulsatory flow that underlies the processes of thinking, feeling and action.
• Facilitating the pulsation and working with interruptions in the pulsatory flow
• Facilitating a body based process model
• Working with the eyes as a key process in ensuring there is someone ‘present’ in the body
• Integrating interventions through the ocular segment.
• Contact and Contactlessness
• Patterns of pulsation and energy levels
Narelle McKenzie, M.A.: Director and Senior Trainer of the Australian Radix Training Centre and of The Radix Institute in North America. Narelle completed her training with the Radix Institute in 1982 and established a private psychology and psychotherapy practice in Australia. After completing her trainer training she co-founded the Australian Radix Training Centre. Narelle is a registered psychologist with thirty years experience working in private practice with adults, adolescents, families, couples and groups.
Melissa Lindsay, PsyD, has been a Radix Practitioner since 1995, and a trainer with the USA Radix Institute since 2008. She has a Master of Counseling degree with a humanistic orientation, Certification in Gestalt Therapy, and a Doctor of Psychology degree. Melissa maintains a private practice in Hawaii, working from a body-centered orientation with a broad range of issues, and specializing in trauma and dissociation.